Annual Alumni Summit & New Class Welcome Reception
Purpose: To provide an informative, educational, and networking opportunity for the 465 Leadership Middle Tennessee (LMT) alumni from across the 10-counties of Middle Tennessee. To network the incoming LMT class with our alumni on their first class day.
History: Each year we invite our LMT alumni and new class members to gather together for professional development and networking. Historically our topics have included transit, education, workforce development, health, renewable energy, entrepreneurship, and personal and social branding.
Annual Alumni Summit-9/8/16
This year our topic will be focused on Leadership Across the Lines—how successful leaders collaborate to work across the traditional lines to get things done and to be more successful leaders. As leaders from across the region, working across the lines is critical for our LMT alumni. To help ensure regional quality of place and prosperity, they must work across the lines.
September 8, 2016
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.—Alumni Summit
5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.—Welcome Reception
AT&T Headquarters Building—Auditorium
Two complimentary drinks and heavy appetizers at the Welcome Reception
3:00 p.m. Welcome by LMT Board Chair (Dr. Paul Stumb, President, Cumberland University, LMT 2006), Introduction of Alumni Summit Topic, and Introduction of Summit Moderator (Mrs. Leisa Byars, The Goddard School, Hendersonville , LMT 2016)
3:15 pm. Keynote Speaker—Mr. Keel Hunt
Leadership Lessons from The Coup
4:00 Leadership Panel discussion (moderated) with 4 key leaders from business, government, education, and nonprofit organizations (to include a few prepared questions and then Q&A from the audience)
- Discuss why working across the lines is important and how you work across the lines
- How have you worked across the lines in different organizational environments and project?
- Tell us about a successful collaboration across the lines.
- Tell us about an unsuccessful collaboration across the lines.
- Why is collaboration such a critical leadership skill?
5:00 p.m. Close and allow for individual discussion with participants
5:15 p.m. Welcome Reception
- Matthew Bourlakas, Goodwill Industries
- President Frank Sims, Fisk University
- Dr. Trish Holliday, State of Tennessee