LMT Program Facts
Time Commitment to Your Class
- The program’s success depends on the unique dynamics of each LMT class. Therefore, your attendance at all events during your year is mandatory. Three absences will result in dismissal from your class. Events are comprised of the following:
- An Opening Retreat in early August (mandatory attendance).
- 10 one-and-a-half day sessions, from September to June, each located in participating counties.
- The Year in Review/Commencement, which is in mid-June.
Tuition and Costs
- Tuition for each class member is $1,500, which covers approximately 20 percent of the annual LMT budget for the expense of funding the class.
- The vast majority of the program’s funding comes from sponsorships and alumni annual donations.
- Included in tuition: speakers, materials, meals and transportation during the sessions.
- Not included in tuition: transportation to and from the sessions and hotel accommodations (class members spend one night in a hotel for each county session).
- Tuition must be paid by Aug. 1.
Selection of Class Members
- All applicants are carefully reviewed by a selection committee.
- Each class will include members from all 10 counties.
- There is a competitive selection process and some candidates have applied for the program multiple times before being selected.
- Great care is taken to ensure diversity across counties, occupations, gender and background.
- The review process is in June with new class members being notified in early July.
Each class is comprised of approximately 36 – 40 members.
How to Apply
The deadline is early May, 2021.
In order to be considered for class
membership, candidates should submit the following:
- Fully completed LMT class application
- Two letters of recommendation
- A photograph of yourself (a head-and-shoulders shot with a digital file size of 800KB to 3MB)