An Educational and Experiential Journey
The eleven-month LMT class curriculum begins with an orientation retreat in August and ends with a year-in-review and commencement in June. Each month, participants will attend a session in one of the ten host counties, learning through a mix of interactive presentations, facilitated dialogue, behind-the scenes visits, and experiential adventures. Session topics are developed around issues of greatest importance to the region. These classes take place the third Wednesday and Thursday of each month, unless stated otherwise. For a full detail of the sessions planned for 2021-2022 see here.
Alumni Events and Opportunities
Graduates of the Leadership Middle Tennessee Program are expected to stay involved and committed to the organization. Alumni help develop each year’s class curriculum and join the current class in a number of social and civic events during the year. Alumni are also the greatest source of funding for our 501c3 organization.
LMT provides participants with exclusive information, access, and experiences that will help them gain the following:
- An understanding of regional issues—their impact and the implications for the future
- A better grasp of each county in the region and the people who live there.
- An outstanding network of colleagues and collaborators, deepening the ability to make a strong civic impact (94 percent of alumni list “networking” as a key benefit)
- Access to key decision makers and peer leaders throughout the region
- Enhanced personal leadership skills